Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why Kanpur is still UNDEVELOPED


When I was child, there was a chapter in Hindi Note book about Manchester of U.P. that is Kanpur. It was defined with huge chimnys, kal kal sound of Industries etc etc. No doubt after independence India has grown a lot, even now it can left its image all over the world in Information Tech, Medical Software, Steel etc. But KANPUR itself has lost everything. WHY?. When Kanpur was quite productive during Brish Rule, why now it has fainted everything. Ganga is now converted into "Ganda Nala", No industry, No roads, No Culture or I can say Nothing is here to say good. IIT is there, but it is not due to KANPUR, on the otherhand I can now say that Kanpur is know due to IIT.
Why this city has lost its glourious image in last 60 years. 50 years ago person love to say Wow KANPUR, not he cries What.... KANPUR.
The main reason behind it is LAKE of POLITICAL WILL. Since independence no a good leader could lead KANPUR in NATIONAL portal. The Industrial scenario of Kanpur faded up due Electrical crises, Labour Unions and ofcourse Burocracy. One of my friend who waqs willing to establish his own Industry in Kanpur had to Install it in GUJRAT. I was much upset on his this decesion, But he explained me that UP STATE means "U PAY STRAIGHT", U can't step forward without paying bribe. How can a Industrilest survive in this practice.
Now what had left in Kanpur- Crome Water in HOLY Ganga, Dusty polluted Air on the roads. Encroached market and Domestic posh colonies.
What else we can expect from KANPUR now. a "PARIWARTAN" I expect political willpower a little above the level of basic POLITICAL PARTY (all the MLA/MLC/MP should sit together litttle above the level of basic party toward PARIWARTAN in CITY

1 comment:

TheWhistleBlower said...

I agree. Exactly my words - W H Y
Here is why I left Kanpur-

http://thewhistleblowerindian.blogspot.in/2013/05/why-i-left-kanpur.html